Okay, this is going to be interesting.
I have been nominated by Hargun, for the free writing challenge. Thank you, Hargun. I an glad that I got a chance to be a part of this challenge. It is fun, and does let you know how quick your thoughts can be and how well you can write, given a limited time.
So here are Rules I had to follow:
- Open an MS Word document
- Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
- You topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
- Fill the word doc with as much words as you want. once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
- Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
- You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However if you do, it would be best.
- At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
- Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
I was given the word: Mischief
This is what I wrote in 10 minutes.
My love for him was powerful and dynamic. I had always thought that, nothing overpowers love. How can anything stop a force that is linked to heart and soul? How can something outshine it?
We had talked about marrying each other. That one late evening, he came to me and sat beside me on the bench of a park, from where the moon could be seen so clearly, as if the sky was a canvas, and someone came and painted the moon.
“So, I did talk to my parents about marrying and I am afraid this might not happen.”
I wasn’t sure if I was surprised at what he said, or how plainly he said, or the thought that he didn’t try hard. We loved each other. There was not a single factor that could alter the decision.
He looked at me helplessly. That disappointed me; for the one who has someone who loves him back wouldn’t be helpless.
Apparently, the astrologer, his family believed in more than God or love, has warned us, and advised him to not marry me; for the stars and the planet were getting into some mischief, the kind of mischief that would affect our relationship.
I remember, I said nothing to him and he walked away without any expectation to hear me.
I looked at the moon and giggled, “Thank you for not getting into mischief, and do not dare to. You know, I only have you now.”
Timer Set: 10 Minutes
Total Number of Words: 244
Comments: A pat on my back for putting commas where I think they were needed. Rest you can let me know.
My nominations are;
Magic of the past
Colin and ray
I guess, I still want to add more people to the list. Anyway, those who would want to be a part of it willingly must participate. I’d really like to read what you all come up with.
The word for you guys is, REFLECTION.
Good luck to all. Do acknowledge the challenge. I hope you have fun doing it. I’ll be looking forward to read what you can write.