I realize that I am so late posting this, but I am trying to manage the blog with other things as well.
So, yeah, here it goes…
I am so overwhelmed receiving the Blogger Recognition Award. Being recognized and appreciated for your work is so much pleasing. I was so happy receiving this award for the first time by this beautiful and soulful lady, Erika Kind. Then I got nominated for the same word by Vasantha Vivek, Hector Sampson and Ashish. Could I have been any more happy?
I feel so blessed that I met these wonderful people on WordPress, who with their kind words, encourage me. Do visit their blog by clicking on their names.
THANK YOU so very much, Erika, Hector, Vasantha and Ashish. I graciously accept the nomination because I love this award.
Something to know about the award :
This award was originally created by Eve @ Edge of the Night
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
A brief story of how my blog got started:
Ready with your coke and popcorn?
I remember writing a long poem and sharing it with my friends. My friends were surprised because they never knew I could write a freaking poem. I was appreciated and I was suggested to make a blog and continue to pen down more. I wasn’t sure if I could maintain the blog and write more poems. But later I did it anyway, and I am glad that I did. I wasn’t regular with my posts for first year of the blogging; however, I gradually started posting quite often and here I am. Last 6 months have been so great; interacting with bloggers across the border, knowing various kind of poetries, learning things, knowing each other so well, that now some are like a family to me.
This is indeed an escape; an escape from everything that bothers you and gives you a headache. Whenever you feel low, you log in here, read, write, and half of the tension and despair is gone. This is an another world, where you say what you really want to say and heart yourself out without the fear of being judged. I want to thank all of you for being a part of my journey, for appreciating my work and for being a friend.
Now I have to give two tips to new bloggers, but I don’t know if I have much experience to give advice to bloggers. I am still learning and I would rather want some advice.
Since it is listed as the rule of the nomination, my two tips are;
1. Read their posts.
When you are done publishing your post, take out time and read posts by bloggers you follow. Read to know how you can improve, to share your thoughts with them, to appreciate their writing and motivating them with your comments, to know different writing styles, or subjects. Blogging isn’t about logging in and posting, it is about sharing your thoughts, experiences, happiness or pain and at the same time sharing theirs.
2. Interact with bloggers.
Believe me, interacting with bloggers (friends) on the posts and outside the posts helps you to explore a different world, the one you haven’t heard or known before. Each post, each poem, each story, each photo, they all hide something, and when you interact you realize how beautiful some people are. I have met some lovely people here, and they are a part of my life now. You can learn so much by interacting and knowing them. Come on! You have got to take advantage of technology and make amazing friends and learn things that not even books teach.
Erika, Hector, Vasantha and Ashish, when I received my first nomination for this award I had your names on my list, but since I cannot nominate the one who has nominated me, I will just say that you all are worthy of this award and you guys are wonderful.
Onto my Nominations: It is difficult to name 15 out of so many, but these are people who have been there since I started posting frequently and have encouraged me a lot.
- William Leeone – If I have a pizza and you come and ask for a slice, I am totally sharing it with you, yes, that is how much I love you.
- Himanshu Bhatnagar
- Annie – I want to say that you are one of the most versatile writer I know on WP. I have learned so much from you, and I like when you call me darling girl.
- Prateek Kohli
- Colin – Your blog reminds of the movie – Hachiko!
- Heath from I of July
- Abyss Brain
- Himali Shah
I know that some of you do not accept awards, and that is absolutely okay. But if you could just leave a comment on your favorite bloggers blog it would definitely make them smile.